Monday, January 18, 2010

My big Rs

Alright. After that magic video editing adventure until 5 am, I went to bed and fell asleep one hour later because my roommate wouldn't stop snoring. I woke up at 11, started working at 12h30. I didn't stop until 10h30 am of the next day. That's right. A full 22h hours non-stop working, with meal breaks and walking-back-and-forth-in-the-hotel-room-waiting-for-ideas breaks. All night.
Of this wonderful experience I keep a pointy back ache that I sometimes think it's a kidney stone crisis again. "No problem," said I to my girlfriend Sunday night when we went to bed, "you got a rubber hot water back, I got Nolotil pills, we pretty much got it covered for the night".
Damn it. I got home on friday and my brain was liquid. I felt totally drained. Tried to stay awake until at least 10 pm just so I don't mix up my sleeping times like when I did those three 12 hours night shifts. Eventually I dropped on the bed and slept for 17 hours straight - thank god it was from 5 pm to 10 am and my sleep is kinda regular now.
The thing is, I have loads of stuff I want to type about. I wanna talk about Madonna's lyrics, about a bunch of movies I saw, lots of albums I heard last Summer that I mostly felt nothing about, Michel Gondry, a song by Air, human perception, brain stuff, etc. But working these weird hours, it's like a lobotomy at the end of the day when I come and sit here. All I can do is load a few 30 rock episodes on the player's playlist, sit back eating those amazing Continente strawberry filled tartlets and let my mind shutdown.

Apart from that, I've been listening to Grieg who apparently composed some of the most impressive energizing electrifying epic themes I've ever heard. This is the difference between classical music and those zillion bands I listened to last Summer. I don't get this kick out of 99.99999% of contemporary music. I like Rufus Wainwright, a lot, I like Regina Spektor, Ryan Adams and Radiohead and lately, Infected Mushroom (yeah, I know, what the hell?). Everything else is just... irrelevant music. So I keep cycling Infected Mushroom albums and baroque opera arias, squeezing Regina and Richard Swift in now and then.
But Grieg... I listen to his pieces and little video experiments pop into my imagination. I really need to start working on those.

Yeah. Music is like candy to the brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment